The “Winter #Aftercast” (the “Contest”) is organized by Pelmorex Corp. (the "Contest Organizer") (doing business as The Weather Network). The Contest Organizer is responsible for the Contest, its organization, the Contest Rules (the "Rules"), notifying the winner, prizing and fulfillment of prizing.
The Contest will run from Friday, November 20, 2020 starting at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) until Sunday, November 29, 2020 11:59 p.m. (EST) (the "Contest Period").
By registering and participating in the Contest, Entrants get a chance to win two (2) Canadian Ski Council Diamond 1-day lift passes (hereinafter “Prize”). By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of 21 or older at the time of entry (each Entrant is referred to as an "Entrant", together, the "Entrants") and who have a valid email address and Internet access prior to the start of the Contest Period. Entrant Employees, agents, representatives, officers and directors of the Contest Organizer, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, parent corporations, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, suppliers of Prizes, materials and services related to this Contest, or of any other party directly associated with the holding of the Contest, as well as members of their immediate families (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse, and any persons residing with these employees, agents, representatives, officers and directors are not eligible to participate.
2. HOW TO PARTICIPATE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter online: Visit https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/contest-ski-your-way-into-winter-with-free-lift-passes and complete the official online entry form by providing your email address, full name and phone number and clicking ‘ENTER’ where indicated to receive one ‘Entry’ into the Contest. Entries must be received no later than 11:59 pm EST on Sunday, November 29, 2020. Contest Organizer is not responsible for entries that become lost or misdirected.
3. PRIZE. Ten Canadian Ski Council Diamond 1-day lift passes with an approximate retail value of $105.00 CAD each; each winner will receive two (2) 1-day lift passes.
4. WINNERS SELECTION and CONFIRMATION. Five winners will be randomly selected on Monday, November 30, 2020 from all eligible entries received. The selected Entrants will be notified by Contest Organizer via email or direct message within ten (10) days of the drawing with details on how to claim their Prize. Before being declared a winner, the selected Entrants must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered via email. Odds of winning are entirely dependent on the number of entries received. To claim a Prize, winner must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) within five (5) business days of notification. If winner does not comply, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, at sponsor’s sole discretion. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Acceptance of Prize. By accepting the Prize, winner agrees to the use of his or her name, photo, and/or likeness for purposes of advertising or promotion without further compensation. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another Prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided below.
Prize substitution. In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or costlier for the Contest Organizer to award a Prize (or part of Prize) as described in these Contest Rules, Contest Organizer reserves the right to award a Prize (or part of Prize) of the same kind and of equivalent value or, at the Contest Organizer’s sole discretion, the cash value of a Prize (or part of Prize) as indicated in these Contest Rules.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY – Use of Prize. The winner releases the Contest Organizer, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, parent corporations, advertising and promotion agencies, employees, agents, representatives, officers and directors ("Released Parties") from any liability for damage of any kind whatsoever that he or his guests may suffer, directly or indirectly, by reason of acceptance, possession or use of the Prize, including, among other things, accidents, injuries, death, loss of enjoyment, inconveniences, disappointments, worries or frustrations or a physical or psychological nature.
For this purpose, winner hereby (i) acknowledges and confirms that Released Parties are not granting any warranties or assurances of any kind pertaining to the Prizes awarded in connection with the Contest; (ii) acknowledges and confirms the absence of any implied warranties and (iii) agrees to sign a declaration and release form before receiving his/her Prize.
Any and all costs incurred by a winner to claim, use or redeem his/her Prize shall be borne by the winner.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Conduct. All Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
Decisions of the Contest Organizer. Any decision of the Contest Organizer regarding any aspect of this Contest, including, without being limited to, the eligibility and/or disqualification of entries, shall be final and without appeal.
Disqualification. Any person entering or attempting to enter the Contest by means that are contrary to the Rules or unfair to other Entrants (for example, entries in excess of the prescribed limit, if any) will automatically be disqualified and may be referred to the competent legal authorities.
Limitation of Liability. Content Organizer is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, irregular or misdirected entries or for any malfunction of any computer component, software or communication line in connection with the loss or absence of network communication or with any defective, incomplete, incomprehensible or deleted transmission from any computer or network that may limit any person’s opportunity to enter the Contest, prevent him from entering the Contest or prevent communication between the selected Entrant and Contest Organizer regarding notification of being the selected Entrant and/or claiming the Prize. Entrants further agree to release Contest Organizer from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the Contest or the awarding or use of any Prize.
Modification. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, subject to compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of this Contest at any time.
Number of Prizes Awarded. In all cases, the Contest Organizer, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, parent corporations, advertising and promotion agencies, employees, agents, representatives, officers and directors, and their suppliers of products, materials and services related to this Contest, and their employees, agents and representatives cannot be required to award more Prizes than the number indicated in the Rules or to award prizes other than in accordance with the Rules.
If computer, printing, production, mechanical, seeding, typographical, or other errors result in more valid Prize claims for any prize level than the number stated herein, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to award the stated number of Prizes for the prize level at issue in a random draw from among all eligible, non-suspect, and valid Prize claims received for the applicable prize level.
Authorizations. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to have their submitted name displayed on the Contest Organizer’s website, blog and Instagram profile and used by Contest Organizer for any purpose regarding the Contest and for promotional and advertising purposes in connection with the Contest Organizer and its products at any time, without any fee or other form of compensation.
By entering the Contest, the winner authorizes the Contest Organizer and its representatives to use, if required, their names, photo, likeness, statements regarding the Prizes, place of residence and/or voice for advertising purposes in connection with the Contest, without any form of remuneration.
Acceptance. By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by the Contest Rules and by the decisions of the Contest Organizer, which will be final and won’t be subject to appeal in any respect, including without limitation, any decisions concerning eligibility, disqualification of entries or Prize attribution.
Governing Law. The Contest is subject to all applicable laws in the province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.