The “My Orlando Vacation” (the “Contest”) is organized by Pelmorex Corp. (the "Contest Organizer") (doing business as The Weather Network) and Visit Orlando. [The Contest Organizer is responsible for the Contest, its organization and the Contest Rules (the "Rules"). Orlando/Orange County Convention & Visitors Bureau, INc d/b/a Visit Orlando is responsible for notifying the winner, prizing and fulfillment of prizing.]
The Contest will run from February 4th, 2019 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) until March 3rd, 2019 11:59 p.m. (EST) (the "Contest Period").
By registering and participating in the Contest, Entrants get a chance to win a four night Orlando vacation for four people (hereinafter “Prize”). By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of 21 or older at the time of entry (each Entrant is referred to as an "Entrant", together, the "Entrants") and who have a valid email address and Internet access prior to the start of the Contest Period. Entrant Employees, agents, representatives, officers and directors of the Contest Organizer and Visit Orlando, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, parent corporations, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, suppliers of Prizes, materials and services related to this Contest, or of any other party directly associated with the holding of the Contest, as well as members of their immediate families (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse, and any persons residing with these employees, agents, representatives, officers and directors are not eligible to participate.
2. HOW TO PARTICIPATE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter online: visit theweathernetwork.com/myorlandovacation, complete the official online entry form providing Entrant’s valid email address, full name, address and phone number and click ‘ENTER’ where indicated.
Limit one (1) entry per person per day. Entries must be received no later than 11:59 pm EST on March 3rd, 2019. Visit Orlando and Contest Organizer are not responsible for entries that become lost or misdirected.
[By selecting the optional checkbox to receive newsletters, you are opting to receive emails from Visit Orlando with news, special offers, promotions and messages tailored to your interests. You may unsubscribe at any time.]
Grand Prize consists of a 5-day /4-night trip for the winner and up to three (3) guests to Orlando, Florida (the “Trip”). The Trip includes:
- Round-trip economy class air transportation for the winner and up to three (3) Guests to Orlando, Florida from a major airport near the winner’s residence (as selected at the sole discretion of Sponsor) from only Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, or Halifax International Airports. Winner will be responsible for ground transportation to and from the airport at point of origin. Any applicable additional costs including but not limited to, seat assignment, baggage fees, etc. are determined by selected airline and will be the responsibility of prize winner. All airfare must be booked at the same time the Visit Orlando prize package is booked. Airfare cannot be transferred to a second party, cannot be extended beyond prize expiration date and is valid for the destination of Orlando only.
- Hotel accommodations for four (4) consecutive nights for the winner and his/her Guests at a hotel selected by the Sponsor (one room, quad occupancy, room & tax only);
- Eight (8) single-day theme park passes to prize winner’s choice of Walt Disney World, SeaWorld Orlando or Universal Orlando (single day/single park, where applicable.)
- One (1) full-size rental vehicle for up to five (5) days (vehicle and rental tax only), subject to eligibility. Driver must be at least twenty-five (25) years of age, possess a valid driver’s license and major credit card, and meet the terms and conditions of the rental agency. Winner will be responsible for any associated additional rental costs (including but not limited to insurance, gas, child seats and GPS);
- Approximate retail value of the prize for Canada is $8,000.00• CAD.
All reservations are based on availability and must be booked at least 30 days in advance of travel date. Blackout periods do apply including, but not limited to, all major U.S. Holidays. Actual value may vary based on travel dates. All other expenses are the winner’s responsibility, including, but not limited to, local and ground transportation, telephone/internet, meals, room-service charges, parking fees, gratuities, excess baggage fees, insurance and costs associated with obtaining travel documents. Any penalties associated with changes made to any reservation following confirmation of booking will be the responsibility of winner. Winner and his/her travel companions must have the legal right to leave and return to Canada and must have the legal right to enter and leave the destination country to which they are bound. Winner and his/her travel companion are solely responsible for obtaining, at their own expenses, all documentation necessary for the trip as required by the authorities concerned, including, but not limited to, visas, valid passports, vaccinations and certificates, health and travel.
Total approximate retail value of each Grand Prize is CAD $8,000.00, based on a Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, or Halifax International Airport departure example. Actual retail value will vary based on flight schedule and hotel selection. The following terms and conditions apply to each of the Grand Prizes to be awarded pursuant to these Rules:
- All prize details shall be determined by [Contest Organizer/Visit Orlando] and/or prize supplier(s) in their absolute discretion. Some restrictions may apply. Travel must be completed by March 3rd, 2020.
- Each winner and their guests (“Travellers”) must be of age of legal majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, and must sign and return (or in the case of a minor have his/her parent or legal guardian sign and return on his/her behalf) a release of liability and consent to publicity form prior to issuance of travel documents and participation in any prize activity. Travellers may be required to present a valid major credit card to hotel upon check-in. If the winner elects to travel without a guest, no additional compensation will be awarded under any circumstances.
- Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuers. Blackout dates may apply. Winners will receive travel certificates in order to enable them to book the trip and redemption instructions will accompany all certificates. Travellers must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for ensuring they have all necessary travel documents prior to travel (e.g., valid passport).
- Winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal taxes. Travellers are responsible for any additional expenses not included in the prize as described herein. Without limiting the foregoing, all expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the prize description above are the responsibility of the Travellers, including but not limited to, travel to the departure airport and hotel(s), travel and medical insurance, meals, incidentals, gratuities, in-room charges, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, luggage fees, service charges or facility charges, security fees, taxes or other expenses.
- No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. The Released Parties (defined below) shall have no responsibility for trip cancellations, alterations, weather delays, weather cancellations or other changes to the trip itinerary (whether having the effect of lengthening or shortening the trip itinerary) and, by participating in the prize activity, each Traveller acknowledges and accepts such risks, and agrees that Visit Orlando and/or prize supplier(s), as applicable, are only responsible for the prize elements as listed in these Rules, subject to the terms and conditions herein contained, and are not responsible for any additional costs or expenses that may be incurred by any Traveller as a result of such changes in itinerary.
- The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible in the event any Traveller is denied the ability to fly out of or into any particular airport, whether due to airport restrictions or otherwise, nor are they responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or any other changes made by any transportation and/or travel companies, hotels, air carriers, or others providing or arranging any travel or prize-related services or accommodations, including, without limitation, any resulting changes in services or accommodations. All tickets issued in connection with the Prizes are not eligible for frequent flyer miles. Once reservations are made, they cannot be changed, save as otherwise determined in the absolute discretion of Visit Orlando and/or prize supplier(s).
- Visit Orlando and prize supplier(s) have the right, in their absolute discretion, to disqualify and/or remove any Traveller from any activity at any time if such individual is at any point uncooperative, disruptive, abusive, or unobservant of applicable rules, laws or regulations, or if such individual is likely to cause or has caused damage to person, property, or the reputation of Visit Orlando ,the Contest Organizer and/or prize supplier(s), as determined in the absolute discretion of Visit Orlando ,the Contest Organizer and/or prize supplier(s), as applicable.
- Prizes are non-transferrable, cannot be sold or gifted and cannot be redeemed for cash value. Neither Contest Organizer or Partner are under any obligation to replace any lost or stolen prizes.
4. WINNERS SELECTION and CONFIRMATION. One winner will be randomly selected on or about March 4th, 2019 from all eligible entries received. The selected Entrant will be notified by Visit Orlando via phone within 10 days of the drawing with details on how to claim their Prize. Before being declared a winner, the selected Entrants must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered via email. Odds of winning are entirely dependent on the number of entries received. To claim a Prize, winner must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) within 10 days of notification. If winner does not comply, the Prize package will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, at sponsor’s sole discretion. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Acceptance of Prize. By accepting the Prize, winner agrees to the use of his or her name, photo, and/or likeness for purposes of advertising or promotion without further compensation. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another Prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided below.
Prize substitution. In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizer to award a Prize (or part of Prize) as described in these Contest Rules, Contest Organizer reserves the right to award a Prize (or part of Prize) of the same kind and of equivalent value or, at the Contest Organizer’s and Visit Orlando sole discretion, the cash value of a Prize (or part of Prize) as indicated in these Contest Rules.
5. Limitation of Liability – Use of Prize. The winner releases Visit Orlando and Contest Organizer, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, parent corporations, advertising and promotion agencies, employees, agents, representatives, officers and directors ("Released Parties") from any liability for damage of any kind whatsoever that he or his guests may suffer, directly or indirectly, by reason of acceptance, possession or use of the Prize, including, among other things, accidents, injuries, death, loss of enjoyment, inconveniences, disappointments, worries or frustrations or a physical or psychological nature.
For this purpose, winner hereby (i) acknowledges and confirms that Released Parties are not granting any warranties or assurances of any kind pertaining to the Prizes awarded in connection with the Contest; (ii) acknowledges and confirms the absence of any implied warranties and (iii) agrees to sign a declaration and release form before receiving his/her Prize.
Any and all costs incurred by a winner to claim, use or redeem his/her Prize shall be borne by the winner.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Conduct. All Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
Decisions of the Contest Organizer. Any decision of the Contest Organizer regarding any aspect of this Contest, including, without being limited to, the eligibility and/or disqualification of Participation Forms, shall be final and without appeal.
Disqualification. Any person entering or attempting to enter the Contest by means that are contrary to the Rules or unfair to other Entrants (for example, entries in excess of the prescribed limit, if any) will automatically be disqualified and may be referred to the competent legal authorities.
Limitation of Liability. Content Organizer is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, irregular or misdirected entries or for any malfunction of any computer component, software or communication line in connection with the loss or absence of network communication or with any defective, incomplete, incomprehensible or deleted transmission from any computer or network that may limit any person’s opportunity to enter the Contest or prevent him from entering the Contest. Entrants further agree to release Contest Organizer from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the Contest or the awarding or use of any Prize.
Modification. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, subject to compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of this Contest at any time.
Number of Prizes Awarded. In all cases, the Contest Organizer, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, parent corporations, advertising and promotion agencies, employees, agents, representatives, officers and directors, and their suppliers of products, materials and services related to this Contest, and their employees, agents and representatives cannot be required to award more Prizes than the number indicated in the Rules or to award prizes other than in accordance with the Rules.
If computer, printing, production, mechanical, seeding, typographical, or other errors result in more valid Prize claims for any prize level than the number stated herein, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to award the stated number of Prizes for the prize level at issue in a random draw from among all eligible, non-suspect, and valid Prize claims received for the applicable prize level.
Authorizations. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to have their submitted name displayed on the Contest Organizer’s website, blog and Facebook page and used by Contest Organizer for any purpose regarding the Contest and for promotional and advertising purposes in connection with the Contest Organizer and its products at any time, without any fee or other form of compensation.
By entering the Contest, the winner authorizes the Contest Organizer and its representatives to use, if required, their names, photo, likeness, statements regarding the Prizes, place of residence and/or voice for advertising purposes in connection with the Contest, without any form of remuneration.
Acceptance. By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by the Contest Rules and by the decisions of the Contest Organizer, which will be final and won’t be subject to appeal in any respect, including without limitation, any decisions concerning eligibility, disqualification of Participation Forms, or Prize attribution.