Twinings Tea – Infuse Your Life With Flavour (the “Contest”) is organized by Pelmorex Corp. (the "Contest Organizer") (doing business as The Weather Network) and Twinings North America Inc (“Twinings”). The Contest Organizer is responsible for the Contest, its organization and the Contest Rules (the "Rules"). Twinings is responsible for notifying the winner, prizing and fulfillment of prizing.
The Contest will run from October 1, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) until February 28, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period").
By registering and participating in the Contest, Entrants get a chance to win one Grand Prize trip for 2 to London, England (the “Grand Prize”). By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority at the time of entry (each Entrant is referred to as an "Entrant", together, the "Entrants") and who have a valid email address and Internet access prior to the start of the Contest Period. Employees, agents, representatives, officers and directors of the Contest Organizer and Twinings, their respective subsidiaries, affiliated companies, parent corporations, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, suppliers of the Prizes, materials and services related to this Contest, or of any other party directly associated with the holding of the Contest, as well as members of their immediate families (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse, and any persons residing with these employees, agents, representatives, officers and directors are not eligible to participate.
2. HOW TO PARTICIPATE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
. To enter online: visit www.theweathernetwork.com/contests/twinings
, complete the official online entry form providing Entrant’s valid email address, full name, address and phone number and click ‘ENTER’ where indicated.
Limit one (1) entry per person per week. For the purposes of this Contest, a ‘week’ runs from Monday at 12:01 am ET to 11:59 pm ET on Sunday, except for the last week of the Contest which shall run from Monday, February 25, 2019 at 12:01 am ET to Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 11:59 pm ET. Entries for the Grand Prize are cumulative and must be received no later than 11:59 pm EST on February 28, 2019. Twinings and Contest Organizer are not responsible for entries that become lost or misdirected.
By providing your mailing address in the optional field, you are agreeing to receive tea samples from Twinings, which are available while supplies last. Completing the optional field will not increase your chances of winning.
By selecting the optional checkbox to receive newsletters, you are opting to receive emails from The Weather Network with news, special offers, promotions and messages tailored to your interests. You may unsubscribe at any time. Any requested opt-in consent is not required to enter the Contest and will not increase your chances of winning.
By selecting the optional checkbox to receive newsletters, you are opting to receive emails from Twinings with news, special offers, promotions and messages tailored to your interests. You may unsubscribe at any time. Any requested opt-in consent is not required to enter the Contest and will not increase your chances of winning.
There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won in this Contest, consisting of:
- Round trip economy air transportation for the winner and one (1) guest (collectively, the “Travellers”) from the international airport within Canada closest to the winner’s residence (as determined in the sole discretion of Twinings) to London, England (the “Destination”) on travel dates to be determined by Twinings;
- One hotel room (standard room, based on double occupancy) for four (4) nights in or around the Destination at a hotel to be selected in the sole discretion of Twinings;
- Tea Masterclass at the Twinings 300-year-old tea shop for 2;
- 2 Tickets to the London Ferris Wheel (the London Eye);
- Cooking class for 2 at selected location by Twinings
- Yoga class for 2 at a studio selected by Twinings; and
- $500 CAD spending money for the winner.
Total approximate retail value of Grand Prize is CAD $5,000, based on a Vancouver departure example. Actual retail value will vary based on timing of travel, flight schedule and hotel selection. The following terms and conditions apply to the Grand Prize to be awarded pursuant to these Rules:
- All prize details shall be determined by Twinings and/or prize supplier(s) in their absolute discretion. Some restrictions may apply. Trip Prize must be reserved by no later than May 31, 2019. Travel must take place by December 31, 2019.
- Winner’s guest must be of age of legal majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, unless the winner is his/her parent or legal guardian, and must sign and return (or in the case of a minor have his/her parent or legal guardian sign and return on his/her behalf) a release of liability and consent to publicity form prior to issuance of travel documents and participation in any prize activity. Travellers may be required to present a valid major credit card to hotel upon check-in. If the winner elects to travel without a guest, no additional compensation will be awarded under any circumstances.
- Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuers. Blackout dates may apply. Documentation that is reasonably necessary for Twinings and/or prize supplier(s) to book the Grand Prize for the Travellers (e.g. passport number) must be supplied to Twinings and/or prize supplier(s), as applicable, or their representatives or agents, upon request, and failure to do so may result in the forfeiture of the Grand Prize at the absolute discretion of Twinings and/or prize supplier(s). The Travellers must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for ensuring they have all necessary travel documents prior to travel (e.g., valid passport).
- Winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal taxes. Travellers are responsible for any additional expenses not included in the prize as described herein. Without limiting the foregoing, all expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the prize description above are the responsibility of the Travellers, including but not limited to, travel and medical insurance, meals, incidentals, gratuities, in-room charges, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, luggage fees, service charges or facility charges, security fees, taxes or other expenses.
- No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. The Released Parties (defined below) shall have no responsibility for trip cancellations, alterations, weather delays, weather cancellations or other changes to the trip itinerary (whether having the effect of lengthening or shortening the trip itinerary) and, by participating in the prize activity, each Traveller acknowledges and accepts such risks, and agrees that Twinings and/or prize supplier(s), as applicable, are only responsible for the prize elements as listed in these Rules, subject to the terms and conditions herein contained, and are not responsible for any additional costs or expenses that may be incurred by any Traveller as a result of such changes in itinerary.
- The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible in the event any Traveller is denied the ability to fly out of or into any particular airport, whether due to airport restrictions or otherwise, nor are they responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or any other changes made by any transportation and/or travel companies, hotels, air carriers, or others providing or arranging any travel or prize-related services or accommodations, including, without limitation, any resulting changes in services or accommodations. All tickets issued in connection with the Grand Prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles. Once reservations are made, they cannot be changed, save as otherwise determined in the absolute discretion of Twinings and/or prize supplier(s).
- Twinings and prize supplier(s) have the right, in their absolute discretion, to disqualify and/or remove any Traveller from any activity at any time if such individual is at any point uncooperative, disruptive, abusive, or unobservant of applicable rules, laws or regulations, or if such individual is likely to cause or has caused damage to person, property, or the reputation of Twinings, the Contest Organizer and/or prize supplier(s), as determined in the absolute discretion of Twinings, the Contest Organizer and/or prize supplier(s), as applicable.
4. WINNERS SELECTION and CONFIRMATION. Grand Prize Winner: One winner will be randomly selected on or about 10:00 a.m. ET on March 1, 2019 in Toronto, ON for the Grand Prize from all eligible entries received throughout the Contest Period. Odds of winning are entirely dependent on the number of entries received during the Contest Period.
The selected Entrant for the Grand Prize will be notified by Twinings via phone within two (2) business days of the drawing with details on how to claim their Prize. Before being declared a winner, the selected Entrant must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered via email.
To claim his/her Prize, the selected entrant must sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) within five (5) business days of notification. If the selected entrant does not comply, or fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, at Contest Organizer and Twinings sole discretion.
Acceptance of Prize. By accepting the Prize, winner agrees to the use of his or her name, photo, and/or likeness for purposes of advertising or promotion without further compensation. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another Prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided below.
Prize substitution. Twinings reserves the right for any reason and in its sole discretion to substitute the Grand Prize (or a component thereof) with a prize of equivalent value, including a cash award.
Neither Contest Organizer nor Twinings make any representations or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the Grand Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the confirmed winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from any of the Released Parties (as defined below) should his/her Grand Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by accepting the Grand Prize, the confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if the Grand Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
5. Limitation of Liability – Use of Prizes. The winner releases Twinings and Contest Organizer, their respective subsidiaries, affiliated companies, parent corporations, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective employees, agents, representatives, officers, directors, successors and assigns ("Released Parties") from any liability for damage of any kind whatsoever that he/she or his/her guest may suffer, directly or indirectly, by reason of acceptance, possession or use of the Prize (including any travel related thereto), including, among other things, accidents, injuries, death, loss of enjoyment, inconveniences, disappointments, worries or frustrations or a physical or psychological nature.
For this purpose, the winner hereby (i) acknowledges and confirms that Released Parties are not granting any warranties or assurances of any kind pertaining to the Grand Prize awarded in connection with the Contest; (ii) acknowledges and confirms the absence of any implied warranties and (iii) agrees to sign a declaration and release form before receiving his/her Grand Prize.
Any and all costs incurred by the winner to claim, use or redeem his/her Grand Prize shall be borne by the winner.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Conduct. All Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
Decisions of the Contest Organizer. Any decision of the Contest Organizer regarding any aspect of this Contest, including, without being limited to, the eligibility and/or disqualification of an entry shall be final and without appeal.
Disqualification. Any person entering or attempting to enter the Contest by means that are contrary to the Rules or unfair to other Entrants (for example, entries in excess of the prescribed limit, if any) will automatically be disqualified and may be referred to the competent legal authorities. The use of automated or similar devices which subvert the entry process, including but not limited to entries submitted using any robot, macro, script, or contest service (or any other devices intended to automate any aspect of entry) to enter this Contest is prohibited and entries through such devices are void.
Limitation of Liability. Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, irregular or misdirected entries or for any malfunction of any computer component, software or communication line in connection with the loss or absence of network communication or with any defective, incomplete, incomprehensible or deleted transmission from any computer or network that may limit any person’s opportunity to enter the Contest or prevent him from entering the Contest. Entrants further agree to release the Released Parties from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the Contest or the awarding or use of any Prize.
Modification. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, subject to compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of this Contest at any time.
Number of Prizes Awarded. In all cases, the Released Parties cannot be required to award more Prizes than the number indicated in the Rules or to award prizes other than in accordance with the Rules.
Authorizations. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to have their submitted name displayed on the Contest Organizer’s website, blog and Facebook page and used by Contest Organizer and/or Twinings for any purpose regarding the Contest and for promotional and advertising purposes in connection with the Contest Organizer and/or Twinings and their respective products at any time, without any fee or other form of compensation.
Acceptance. By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by the Contest Rules and by the decisions of the Contest Organizer, which will be final and won’t be subject to appeal in any respect, including without limitation, any decisions concerning eligibility, disqualification of an entry, or Prize attribution.
or contact our Privacy Officer by mail at: Privacy Officer, Pelmorex Corp.
, 2655 Bristol Circle, Oakville, ON L6H 7W1
Governing Law. The Contest is subject to all applicable laws in the province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.